Body Butter Recipe
Body Butter Ingredient
1/2 cup coconut butter
1/2 cup shea butter
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup light oil ( such as jojoba, almond and olive)
10-30 drops essential oil of your choice
Body Butter Instructions
- In a double boiler or glass bowl, combine all ingredients except essential oils.
- Bring to medium heat and stir constantly until all ingredients are melted.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Add essential oils.
- Move to freezer and cool a half hour or until starting to harden around the edges but still somewhat soft.
- Use a hand mixer to whip for 10 minutes until fluffy.
- Return to the fridge for 10-15 minutes to set.
- Store in a glass jar with a lid and use as you would regular lotion or body butter. If your home stays above 75 degrees, it may soften and need to be kept at the fridge, but it will stay whipped at a temperature lower than that.
- Keep for yourself, or give away! Enjoy!